30 July 2008

It's all about meme

I've not done a meme in a long time, so I'm doing this one now, in the hope of kick-starting my blogging juices, which have been dormant for a while. I got the idea from Amelia, whose blog bollewangenhaptoet I enjoy a lot.

1. What was I doing ten years ago?
I was on maternity leave, at home with my baby daughter and my three year old son. (Coincidentally, I was on maternity leave from the same company that Amelia was working at the time.) We were in the first year of living in this house, with its decidedly odd bathroom. Lots of boxes still had to be unpacked. It was a very happy and rather sad time for me: in the midst of the great joy of Miss Mucks's arrival, I lost my beloved grandmother.

2. What are five things on my to-do list today?
Get my hair cut; hang out with Miss Mucks and The Little Guy (they are not at school today because the teachers are having a curriculum day); see my mum; visit Mediterranean Wholesalers to stock up on pasta and tinned tomatoes; and see some old friends tonight at our first 'stitch one sip one' craft evening. It's going to be a good day!

3. Snacks I enjoy
Chocolate, salty things, cheesy biscuits

4. Places I've lived
My life has been going around in a circle. Perth, Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Melbourne. (No plans to move back to Canberra.) When you get down to suburbs, I've lived in Guildford, Brighton, South Caulfield, Lyons, Shenton Park, Subiaco, Cottesloe, Wembley, Northcote, Carlton, St Kilda and Elsternwick.

5. Things I would do if I was a billionaire
Well, apart from the obvious stuff like move to a slightly bigger house so everyone could have their own bedroom and invest in my kids' future, I'd take the family to live in Italy for a year. Indulgence aside, I'd find a way of investing in some of the things that I think are important, like improving public education, particularly at the secondary school level. And I'd buy lots of handbags, quirky old furniture, books and china at whim.

6. Some of the jobs I've had.
Sales assistant, research assistant for a politician, registrar for an alumni association, marketing manager for a gay publishing company (yes really, and I've always been straight), communication manager. Unpaid domestic manager, and general bottom-wiper of small children.

Like Amelia, I'm not going to tag anyone for this meme, but do let me know if you've decided to play too.

No comments: