30 April 2009

That was the month that was: April

Relaxed school holidays, and very hectic weeks at work. Everyone in the family taking a turn of being sick. Changing the house around (again); peace has descended on the house now the kids aren't sharing bedrooms. Winter arrives early - gloves came out in April this year. Rain! Lots of cooking; soups, Easter roast lamb, cakes and the slow cooker working overtime. Spending lots of time with family and friends. Easter. Making my way through lists (dentist appointments, electricians, new childcare arrangements) and feeling pleased I'm ticking tasks off. Generally very content.

Television series of the month: Party Animals. I was a bit late in getting to this one - it was screened on the ABC over summer, but I only got around to watching my stash of recorded episodes this month. It's what the British do particularly well, a mix of comedy and drama, with well rounded characters that you come to care about. Shame that they only made one series (it was made in 2007 I think), as there is a lot more life in the characters. Oh, and it stars the new Doctor Who, the geeky Matt Smith. I think he's going to be a very interesting - an incredibly young! - Doctor.

No comments: