01 August 2009

That was the month that was: July

Winter school holidays, hanging out with the kids. Celebrated 20 years of marriage. MasterChef final frenzy. John Brack exhibition at the National Gallery Victoria. Learning to use my gorgeous new camera. Starting to read again (slowly). All about the Twitter. Thinking lots about New York. Catching up with more old friends.

Television series of the month. I've watching even more than usual this month, due to the national (and domestic) obsession with MasterChef, and my equally greedy digestion of vampire-saga True Blood, both of which I've blogged about before. So I'm choosing Pushing Daisies instead. This is quirky television, a fairy tale about a man with a special gift - he can bring dead things back to life - which has a tragic twist. It is full of intense bright colours, larger than life characters and a omniscient narrator. It took me a little while to get into it, despite its obvious appeal, but once I go into its rhythm, I did enjoy it immensely. I'm now looking forward to getting my hands on the second (and last) series.

No comments: