So here's a quick list of things I didn't know much about until recently.
- Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in mid-October. (We celebrated it last weekend at a Canadian friend's house.) Oh, and pumpkin pie is yummy.
- Watching episodes of overseas television series on YouTube is not that satisfying because they get broken up into little bits.
- Sarah Palin is one scary woman.
- So is Colleen McCullough, but for different reasons. (Please stop calling Mr Darcy Fitz!)
- Trains are much more pleasant to travel on when every second one isn't being cancelled. I've been getting a seat most mornings, which is a much nicer way to start to my day because I can read.
- Happily, scarves continue to be a fashionable item for summer, which is great when you have a neck that has been around for 40 plus years. Unfortunately though, leggings-worn-as-outer-wear continue to be a blight on society.
- Having reflux is not fun.
- I held an utterly beautiful newborn baby yesterday and for the first time in my adult life, I didn't feel clucky for one of my own.
- Getting kids to get themselves ready in the morning can be hell. (That may explain the previous observation!)