06 June 2007

Reasons to be cheerful, part three

1. I'm enjoying working in a part of Melbourne I'm not very familar with. My current workplace is situated in Collins Street, and it's fun exploring the little lanes and arcades nearby.

I fell in love with Melbourne over 20 years ago when I was still a young slip of a girl living in Perth. It's a love I am still true to; I can't say that of many other things that I loved in 1986, like all things Laura Ashley, very dangly earrings, or my first car, a bright blue Suzuki Hatch.

After five years of not going into the city much at all (my last place of employment was located out of the central business district), it's great to re-acquaint myself with Melbourne's delights.

2. Family dinners. While they can be completely chaotic in our house - especially when the "I wanna sit next to Daaaaaaaaad!" battle breaks out - it is essentially a great thing to do. And these days, we get to do it more, as I am working less. I've even bought new placemats to celebrate.

3. It's the small things in life that are often the most comforting. Nothing beats my soft dark grey bedsocks, from Sussan. I bought them on sale and I am devoted to them.

No comments: