It seems that Melbourne is suffering through its hottest week in a century. Great. All I know is that I'm getting hotter and hotter, and grumpier. It's a simple formula for disaster: me + heat = middle aged cross patch.
There are plenty of signs about how badly I cope with this kind of weather. Here's a handy list.
1. I am covered in mosquito bites
2. I am tired from not sleeping properly
3. My face is all red and shiny, and my hair is beyond rescue
4. I am depressed about the state of the plants I had managed to keep alive so far this summer
5. I am actually relishing the idea of taking four children to the pool this morning
6. I am writing a blog entry before I have my morning coffee
7. I feel thirsty most of time despite drinking lots of water
8. I have lost interest in food
I know this last one because last night I could not make a simple decision about which pizzas to order (we had friends over for pizza and beer). But the biggest sign was that I could not bring myself to watch Nigella Lawson cook on the telly last night...
But at least I don't have to battle the Connex demons this week - I am on holidays* to get the kids ready for school. I can't help thinking that it would be nice to be in the airconditioned comfort of work this week though.
*Luckily the heat isn't getting in the way of all of my fun this week though. Yesterday I met up with one of my very favourite bloggers - Kath from Blurb from the Blurbs. Together with our daughters, we had a delightful time chatting in real life, in the airconditioned comfort of her new home, drinking copious amounts of her favourite iced coffee.